Support Engineer - T-SQL - Wolverhampton - Perm
Our client are looking for an experienced Support Engineer with T-SQL knowledge to join the technical support team based in Wolverhampton.
The successful candidate will provide technical application support
Reporting to the Support Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Incident logging, investigation and escalation.
- Analysis of problems and their root-causes for incidents raised by customers
- Adherence to agreed KPI's
- Remote and on-site installations/upgrades of client systems
- Visiting client sites as and when required
- Working closely with other departments across the organisation.
- Strong commercial MS SQL experience.
Key Technical Skills
- Knowledge of T-SQL, including stored procedures, functions and synonyms.
- Experience working with MS SQL Server 2008 (and above) installation, sizing and performance troubleshooting.
- Windows and Network experience, including Window Server 2008 onwards, Active Directory and Windows security, IIS, COM+/MTS, DCOM, MMQ
- Methodical, hardworking and enthusiastic with the ability to work under pressure, and with competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (face-to-face and telephone).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Logical thinking with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Strong sense of ownership and client focus.
Please note that as part of the interview process, candidates will be required to take a technical test.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.