Supply Chain Customs Manager
Our Client needs a Supply Chain Customs Manager with the skills and experience to ensure that all demands are met. They are looking for someone who can strengthen their team and support their ambitious growth plans within the market.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Establish all customs compliance requirements in UK & Ireland, directs and monitor import/export compliance processes and procedures
- Be the focal point with customs authorities, lead the company responses to queries and audits, ensuring that the most cost-effective and compliant solutions are identified, provide advice to the business on the best course of action
- Diligently monitor entry status, intervene as necessary and respond to information requests from Customs
- Conduct monthly customs checks, identify customs risks and prevent and mitigate violations, implementing any corrective and preventative actions.
- Keep business informed of any material changes (Customs tariff, procedure or regulations) in customs legislation.
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure import payment is accurate and the deferment account is maintained at the correct levels (VAT& Duty management).
- Develop trade compliance training material and conduct employee training (both SCM internal and external) to heighten awareness of customs issues and changing legislation
- Review and standardize Company's use of third-party service providers (e.g., customs brokers, logistics) for improved compliance and cost savings.
- Follow up Brexit progress and make a proper plan to adapt the changes
- Any other tasks determined by management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of Customs and Trade experience, preferably within the Hi-Tech environment
- In-depth knowledge of Incoterms, import/export licenses and requirements related to UK & Ireland customs clearance
- Detail orientated with excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise good judgement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - especially Excel (ideally intermediate to advanced level).
- Able to work cross-culture and build relationships as necessary, to recognise, support and focus on the few critical priorities at the right time
- Ability to influence in a highly matrixed environment and across a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.