We are building something special: an in-house agency that is going to re-energise the brand and take our marketing effort to new heights.
A strong creative in-house team is pivotal to this. We need a Sub Editor, with excellent accuracy and writing craft skills, to help realise our creative ambitions for the brand and ensure all written output carries the perfect tone.
This role will form part of a wider creative team, reporting to the Operations Lead. The role will have eyes on all our key communications.
Success will be an extension of the IHA's remit over time, taking on higher-profile briefs as we prove our capability to the business. The right candidate will be up for that challenge and will give as much love to digital retail promotions and always-on social content as to above the line advertising.
- Create the conditions for the success of the in-house agency. Deliver against our creative ambitions for the brand working to the In-House Agency's plan for how this will be achieved and by using your creative knowledge and experience, ability and personality. To achieve this, be proactive at all times: bring energy, share ideas and help make this a team that talented people want to be a part of.
- Deliver high-quality work. Be the brand gatekeeper for all written work leaving the in-house agency, with a focus on our new proposition, your expert eye for detail, tone of voice and grammar will enable us to elevate our creative output and bring consistency to our brand communication, both internally and externally. Treat every brief as an opportunity, whilst working within agreed timelines and budgets and at times working with ideas generated by our external agency partners. Articulate how the work will work and enhance the brand in the mind of our customers and potential customers. Be accomplished in presenting the work to demonstrate why it is right and practical to execute. And be proactive and fully accountable for your deliverables and deadlines.
- Collaborate with the IHA team, its internal customers and external partners. Build strong relationships with the rest of the IHA team, as well as with external agency partners, showing respect for the contribution of each discipline and each individual. Develop positive relationships with marketing and other roles that brief the IHA. You will take direction well, but also be passionate about pushing boundaries in the work and be prepared to voice an opinion. It is important to be a good communicator who can express their needs clearly.
- Help the In-House Agency run efficiently and effectively Support agreed ways of working, taking direction as appropriate, to work efficiently and effectively. Make good use of systems, tools and processes designed to help you achieve this. Demonstrate respect for all functions of the IHA and show due regard for timelines, budgets and other constraints inherent in the brief.
- Extensive experience in a sub-editor role.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving creative environment that delivers consistently high-quality creative output across Brand, all channels of Marketing Communication, Retail estate and Packaging.
- A proven track record of delivering quality work in these environments.
- Experience with working in a creative agency would be advantageous.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.