|Job Title:||Standardisation Expert (IEEE 802.11be)|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Sun|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Standardisation Expert (IEEE 802.11be)
Location: Cambridge UK or Leuven(Belgium)
Full-time ongoing contract (Inside IR35)
Salary negotiable depending on experience
The role requires familiarity with wireless communication technologies and standard developed by IEEE, and experience in wireless communication research and attending IEEE WIFi standardisation meeting as a delegate.
We are looking for an IEEE 802.11be Standardisation Expert/Delegate, who will be responsible to be a delegate to attend IEEE 802.11be standardisation meetings. His/her primary focus will be the improvement of the Company Device's leadership in the 802.11be by involving in the technical discussions and the communicating with other major companies.
The successful candidate will work alongside researchers, domestic standard delegates, engineers and developers, who contribute on different aspects of the project. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem-solving, advanced design methods and the creation of quality products are essential attributes.
The company is putting together a new, dynamic, geographically-distributed team. The successful candidate will be given a choice of working either in Leuven (Belgium) or Cambridge (UK). International travel may be required.
- Participate in the IEEE 802.11be meeting, lead and promote the initiation of 802.11be subject standards, including obtaining the position of project rapporteur, and improve the voice and influence of Company Device on standards.
- Fully understand the standard requirements of the product line, develop the standard promotion strategy and plan, and promote the strategy and plan at the 802.11be standard meeting.
- Gain insights into the research direction of innovative technologies oriented to device business applications, perform the technology research and produce valuable patents.
- Promote patents to be SEP in 802.11be.
- Provide guidance for team members and help them improve their capabilities in the 802.11be business domain.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of wireless communication technologies and standard developed by IEEE 802.11 group.
- Experience and expertise as an 802.11 delegate.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate these into technical requirements.
- Well communication skills, especially intercultural communication.
- Fluent English (spoken and written).
Desirable soft skills: adaptability (including culture-sensitive outlook), written and verbal communication, time management, stress management, conflict management.
Before you apply, please make sure you have the Right to Work in the UK from the start of your employment without requirement for work/visa sponsorship.
To apply, please send your CV to Catherine.Sun@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.