About The Company
My client, based in Reading, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the world. They looking for a Solutions Architect to join their Transport Access Network Team to provide the overall technical strategy for the Access Transport Programme.
About The Role
Main Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for establishing, managing, communicating and maintaining the Solution Roadmap & Architecture Principles for the Access Transport Programme.
- Responsible for ensuring the System Introduction (SI) for Access Transport Programme adheres to the Solution Roadmap & Architecture and ensuring it adheres to the Security Framework.
- Responsible for developing the design strategy taking into account the various product and toolset roadmaps from all Suppliers.
- Responsible for ensuring the all roadmaps are current and made available to all dependent Suppliers.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing technical risk to the Access Transport Programme.
- Represent the Access Transport Programme on the Technical Committee.
- Responsible for developing the design strategy taking into account the various product and toolset roadmaps.
Skills & Experience Needed
- Degree level qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- Appropriate qualifications in IP Design and Planning.
- Thorough understanding of the relevant IP standards in Carrier IP Networks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated knowledge and deep understanding of UK Telecommunications industry.
- Deep understanding of the technologies and processes employed in an Access Transport Network.
- Understanding of Cybersecurity frameworks and their application in telecoms networks.
- Understanding of the UK Telecoms regulatory environment.
- Understanding of network security principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the Transport Equipment product portfolio.
- Good understanding of network synchronisation methods for 4G and 5G networks.
- Good understanding of the BT MEAS Direct Ethernet and IPVPN product portfolio.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Results focused, resilient, resourceful, supportive, open and objective.
- Ability to deliver, work and manage a multi-functional team in a challenging, pressurized and fast moving environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
IP Design Engineer
Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin
Salary: Competitive Day Rate Offered
Senior Software Professionals
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
AWS Cloud Engineer x3
Location: London, England
2nd & 3rd Line Desktop/Deskside Support Engineer
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
1st Line Network Support Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Salary: Up to £12 per hour