Solution Designer - Contract - Telecoms - Berkshire
Leading Mobile Telecoms brand in Berkshire require a Solution Designer on a contract basis to engage with business stakeholders to shape, scope, and design ICT solutions that deliver the desired business outcomes for Data Governance & Analytics.
The Solution Designer will have overall accountability for producing the requirements and design artefact to be passed to delivery partners in order for them to commercially contract against, making cross functional working a key component of the role. The Solution Designer will be responsible for the solution delivered in terms of quality, ensuring alignment with the architectural frameworks, the domain roadmaps and technical governance criteria.
Working within a large team of Solution Designers, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of Data Governance initiatives being the single point of contact for stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of both requirements and the solution. Given this variety of work a flexible approach is essential.
- Leading the elicitation, validation, and documentation of the refined functional and non-functional requirements from Business Stakeholders with a specific focus on defining reporting metrics against the needs of Data Analytics during a time of company-wide Transformation.
- Leading the development of flexible, scalable, cost effective and reliable solution designs.
- Documenting the statement of requirements to deliver to our vendors to be commercially contracted against through statement of works (fixed price response).
- Review of statement of works from vendors, ensuring compliance against the statement of requirements.
- Responsible for the quality of the solutions, passing through the technical governance gates.
ensuring that the design and statement of requirements aligns with the architecture.
- Managing requirements compliancy through the delivery lifecycle, demonstrating understanding of how these and proposed solutions might impact current systems.
- Identifying interdependency issues between and within systems to enable solutions to be delivered as designed/conceived.
- Drive the design decision-making process by articulating options and implications, ensuring the design is appropriate, flexible and robust.
- Maximising the reuse of capability in order to simplify systems and processes and ultimately drive efficiency to enable business growth.
- Act as a contact point for resolution of requirement and design issues, ensuring integration across internal and vendor delivery teams, to deliver the solution and the outcome.
- Ensuring compliance with defined standards and reviewing the work of others.
Relevant skills and experience:
- Experience of data rationalisation, archiving and the definition of metrics.
- Broad understanding of IT applications and business areas such as CRM, Finance, and Marketing - experience of Data Warehousing, KPIs and Analytics would be especially beneficial.
- Capability in ensuring delivery solutions are aligned to data governance, architectural principles & blueprints
- Experience of requirements gathering and creating end to end solution designs.
- Strong analysis skills both business and technical.
- Experience of technically leading the definition and delivery of e2e High Level Solution Designs and management of the design throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to drive a collaborative approach across business functions, and external partners.
- Good stakeholder management influencing skills.
- Experience of different IT delivery methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.