|Job Title:||Solution Architect - Childrens Education|
|Location:||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|REF:||AM - SolArchEduc_1644411833|
|Contact Name:||Annabelle Morris|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Locations: Salford or Glasgow
We are currently partnering with a leading broadcasting and media organisation. Over the last 2 years our client has built and migrated a whole host of on-premises legacy systems on to a brand new Application and Integration platform in the cloud - mostly on Azure with some AWS too, and now we have a number of exciting new projects that need new cloud-first solutions. Providing critical services to these world famous industry leaders, we are proud to be an integral part of one of the most renowned broadcasting and media organisation in the world.
You'll be responsible for developing the vision and strategy for the children's education team. We are looking for someone with strong back end experience in either website or mobile app development, whether your experience is from a support/operational role, development or design/architecture, we are keen to hear from people looking for that next step up into architecture.
You will be responsible for ensuring the vision roadmap and strategy for the children's education area is implemented, and ensures the strategy is delivery using standardised reusable and innovative architecture.
- Be a technology leader, in both in the digital architecture team, and in the Children's & Education product/engineering team.
- Develop the technology vision and strategy for your area, maintaining an awareness of the underlying business and technical strategic drivers and challenges faced by the client.
- Develop plans, designs and solutions that take a vision from idea to reality.
- Understand the technology landscape within the area that you support. Identify gaps, challenges and opportunities, and then use them to develop appropriate solutions. This will involve working with both internal teams and external suppliers.
- Work closely with colleagues and stakeholders from across multiple teams (including product, delivery, editorial, UX, engineering and architecture). Through collaboration, ensure everyone understands the requirements, strategy, and approach to deliver the best technology solution.
- Participate in the incubation of emerging technologies, architectures and approaches in order to understand the opportunities of creating new services, or using new technologies.
- Be able to represent the team in planning and governance meetings within your area(s) of work.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you may have experience of some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- You may also have helped develop interactive experiences, games, or other products that are especially suitable for younger audiences.
- You'll be experienced in cloud technologies, such as AWS. And you'll know at least the fundamentals of Internet networking, databases, API design, microservices, security, and other standard technologies in a modern online SOA.
- Experience in machine learning, voice, or data science, is a bonus.
- You'll be great at working across multiple teams and with many stakeholders. This role does not involve line management, but a key element of the role is to work with and help more junior members of the team, as a technical expert.
- You'll be a strong communicator. This role involves a lot of collaboration with both technical and non-technical teams. You'll need to work closely with others on ideas and solutions, and on resolving technical challenges.
- Overall, you'll be passionate about working as a team on new technologies and opportunities, especially with regard to experiences for younger audiences.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.