|Job Title:||Software Integration Engineer (security cleared) - Contract|
|Contact Name:||Fred Cope|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Software Integration Engineer (security cleared) - Contract - Hampshire
**A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered**
Leading IT Managed Services Provider in the UK Defence Sector require a skilled Software Integration Engineer to work on an exciting new technical project on an ongoing contract basis.
The successful applicant with have a solid background working on Web Application/Web Services Integration projects including solving complex application integration issues and working with a range of stakeholders, to help ensure the solution meets the needs.
The role will focus on delivering against a programme focused on the integration of large-scale web service based applications.
The role would suit somebody with an applications development, applications integration, in-depth applications support or DevOps background.
- Good technical understanding of Software Applications, Web applications and Web services.
- Problem solving skills to diagnose issues with Software Applications and their integration.
- Ability to understand and diagnose issues with complex data structures and messaging formats.
- Scripting (Linux or Windows) or Programming background.
- Working in a team following Agile best practices and tooling.
- Development/Integration of Java-based Web applications using technologies such as Tomcat, JBOSS. Messaged based Queuing systems i.e. QPID, WMQ, Rabbit.
- 2+ years of hands on Linux experience in the enterprise / data centre or 2 years Software development or Ansible scripting - no commercial experience required - but would be beneficial. Understanding of Red Hat Satellite / Foreman-Katello
If you have a strong background in Web Application Integration and would like to be considered for this contract role please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.