Software Engineering Manager - Permanent - Newcastle
This is your opportunity to join an organisation responsible for products used by millions. An organisation that is known for its cutting-edge tech stack and has adopted a forward-thinking, collaborative way of working.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will have responsibility for up to 50 staff comprising Software Engineering Team Leads, Software Engineers and Testers. You will play a key part in recruiting and building new teams at based out of the recently refurbished Newcastle offices.
You will influence, guide change and improvement across your area working closely with peers in Engineering, Architecture and the Product Management function. You will play a key part to build flexible, distinctive, resilient, consistent and intuitive tools for content creators.
You will be part of a transformation journey within the organisation, supporting in the transition to a suite of modern tools and workflows that support new content formats, and powering experimentation and personalisation.
You will be a driver to create a new energised and collaborative team in the heart of the North East.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate some essential experience so please consider if you have some or all of the following experience and abilities?
- Experience leading multiple software engineering teams, ideally with experience of different platforms (e.g. Mobile, Web)
- A track record of growing engineers and engineering leaders.
- Experience creating and nurturing a diverse, welcoming and inclusive team.
- Operational experience managing DevOps teams and ensuring high availability of products and services.
- Technical design and service architecture experience, particularly with large scale, high volume customer facing applications.
- Driving continuous improvement in the software engineering craft, improving tooling, practices and processes.
- Managing multiple stakeholders in a complex matrix environment.
- Working collaboratively with your reports, peers and stakeholders to deliver work to ambitious time scales.
Can you demonstrate an ability to lead discussion, direction and support team members in decisions relating to?
- Mainstream development and deployment tool chains (Integrated Development Environment (IDE), Source Code Control System (SCCS), and Continuous Integration (CI)).
- Web architecture and key technologies (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Domain Naming System (DNS), distributed design).
- Database design and use in software applications.
- Multiple mainstream development frameworks.
- Open source practices and licenses.
What's in it for you?
- Excellent career progression
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities
- Benefits- A very competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
If you want to help create a great environment for individuals to deliver their best work and contribute to the building of amazing products at scale that always delivers for the user then this will be a great opportunity for you to be involved in something special.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Hampshire, England
Project Manager - Infrstructure
Location: Lossiemouth, Moray
LEAD 3RD LINE NETWORK ENGINEER- CONTRACT - REMOTE WORKING
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
IAM-Azure Active Directory Consultant- Remote-Contract
Location: London, England
Application Security Consultant
Location: Reading, Berkshire