|Job Title:||Software Development Manager/digital/scrum/lead teams|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Manager to join our team, working for a telecommunications company based in Reading.
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for managing digital development as one of a team of Digital Development Managers, each working in a multi-skilled agile team whilst working closely with business stakeholders to understand and document their requirements; adding value as a digital expert, translating the business needs to technical teams, and communicating technical solutions to non-technical business owners.
You'll be the main point of contact for external suppliers, building strong relationships and facilitating the design and development of solutions and will liaise with internal technical teams to ensure that all online change adheres to best practice and within company processes. Our Customer experience will lead solution design.
You will be measured by the quality, business outcomes and time to market of your development projects. You will be allocated time for research and innovation, generating ideas which can be fed into the Online team's strategy and influence our expansion into digital.
You'll develop expertise in specialised areas, collaborating with others, and sharing knowledge with the team and will be aware of efficiency opportunities from re-using technology and from working within different project delivery methodologies e.g. agile or waterfall
Responsibilities of the Software Development Manager also include:
- Owning development change within the online channel.
- Responsible for the quality of change, including testing activities.
- Be a single point of contact for third party Development teams.
- Responsible for documenting functional requirements.
- Responsible for working in cross functional teams to shape and drive solutions.
- Responsible for delivering and transitioning projects into the Operations function, including setting up new processes for in-life management where appropriate.
- The Software Development Manager will ensure all online assets remain operationally stable and active post development.
- Responsible for technical innovation, developing digital expertise and sharing that knowledge; collaborating with other online experts.
The successful Software Development Manager will have:
- Experience of working in a fast-moving development environment
- A good knowledge of digital skills and be able to exhibit digital expertise
- A good knowledge of web architecture
- Must have the ability to see the bigger picture and a good understanding of business drivers
- A fierce determination to always put the customer first
- Commercial experience with the ability to balance business priorities and development approach
- An ability to work within the wider businesses processes and ability to define new ways of working where appropriate
- Good communications skills and the ability to distil complex technical issues into simple concepts
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- An ability to work with the creative side of a business and an appreciation of front end web design principles
To apply for the Software Development Manager please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Business Development Manager
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Full stack Developer (PHP development)
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Customer Marketing Communications Lead - Mobile Telecoms - B2B
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Senior Manager. Mobile Telco /Cell Site Infrastructure Design
Location: Reading, Berkshire