|Job Title:||Software Development Manager - Application/Platform/Azure|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Amakoh|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Software Development Manager - Application/Azure
Based in Oxfordshire, or potentially West London
Want to work for an innovative, customer driven company luxury brand, with like minded individuals? Well, we have an great opportunity to join a team working on improving their IT platform/applications.
The role is a permanent role, and is looking for a highly motivated individual who collaborates well with others, and has a successful background of managing the development lifecycle to improve the customer experience across digital platforms.
The client is keen on finding someone who can:
- Lead the development and operations of internally developed applications.
- Lead the technical architecture of the software, security, cloud hosted components, automated deployment and testing
- Lead a cross-skilled development and operations team to continuously improve their Agile ways-of-working and adoption of the DevOps philosophy to create better outcomes, faster and safely
- Be commercially responsible for the costs of developing and running the applications and relationship with our key suppliers
- Support the Head of Business Applications with technical strategy, roadmaps and balancing development with management of technical debt
For this role, we are looking for with excellent management/team leadership skills, with a solid technical capability and solid people skills whereby you are used to dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Application Development - Accountability for the project delivery and enhancements to applications,
- Team Leadership -
- Managing the development of the team, defining performance objectives and assess progress
- Develop and nurture a culture of excellence in Agile development and engineering based operations i.e. DevOps
- Maintaining best practices for software architecture and development lifecycles
- Accountability for the secure operational performance of the applications
You will need to have:
- Extensive development experience in Microsoft software technologies including C#, SQL
- Demonstrated ability to architect software and design and build solutions based on Microsoft Azure technologies for microservices, serverless functions, and data
- Demonstrated ability to develop CI/CD pipelines (Azure Pipelines) including source code management (Azure Repos), unit testing, code assurance tools (currently Resharpener), deployment using Terraform and automated test tools (Specflow, Postman)
- Demonstrated ability to define and adapt KPIs / metrics to monitor the performance of services using Azure Monitor
- Experience of managing an engineering/development team for application development from requirement to release, demonstrating competency in business analysis, development, testing, release and warranty
- Experience of managing a technical support and application operations demonstrating competency in prioritised incident resolution, problem management, and proactive performance monitoring
- Strong experience of practising Agile (Kanban or SCRUM) and BDD.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suitable candidates will be contacted to discuss further.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.