Software Developer (C, C++)
The role holder is responsible for developing software and supporting complex software and solutions for our Customers. This role is predominantly support and development of the integration toolset, 'HostTalk'.
The successful applicant will join a team of experienced developers working together to in a number of areas including C++, VB/C# and some Java
As the HostTalk products deal with connectivity to the VME platform a knowledge of Communications Protocols will be important.
You will be involved in development of new features, enhancements to existing functionality, defect investigation/resolution and design documentation.
An eye for detail and focus on quality is required, using a test driven approach incorporating unit and integration testing of code.
The role holder may also be required to provide consultancy to our customers. Full training will be given.
- Software development, maintenance and delivery of software to agreed schedule, cost effort and compliance with the defined development process
- Write efficient code with accompanying unit and integration tests
- Is able to review requirements
- Documentation of software development, ensuring documentation is provided in the Customer documentation regarding any changes or new functionality that are made
- Regular individual progress reports
- Undertaking design of discrete items of functionality
- Reviewing code developed by peers
- Develop product and domain knowledge
- Assisting with support and testing of existing software
- Providing support to Service Operations department as directed
- Resolving defects
- Individual compliance with all quality, environmental and information security policies and procedures
- C and C++ Programming
- Linux experience (preferably Red hat)
- Knowledge of Networking, in particular TCP/IP protocols.
- .NET (VB and/or C#)
- REST/JSON APIs (not sure this is Essential)
- Unit testing
- Review code for conformance to coding guidelines
- Ability to re-design or re-factor code
- Show an awareness and understanding of software design, development and lifecycles
- Involved in the peer reviewing of designs
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.