Social Media Manager - Mobile Telecoms - 3 month contract - Berkshire
- Working in a team of six, this person will help create and execute a world class PR and Social media programme to deliver against our aspirational brand purpose "To reinvent the rules to make mobile better"
- The social media manager is responsible for the development and execution of our social strategy with the objective of providing the best experience across relevant social media platforms and ensuring seamless integration with the PR strategy
- The social media manager will help develop and implement the company's social media strategy, develop brand awareness and generate inbound traffic
- The role will be driving an "always on" approach to Three's participation in the PR and social space
- The role will need to drive innovation in social and PR and deliver true differentiation v our competition
- To work closely with our Comms Strategy and Planning team to ensure that the PR and Social plan lines up to the overall comms plan
- While we do have a dedicated Social Media Support team, as a Social Media Comms team we`re still on the front line when it comes to managing customers. That includes people who contact us with a problem, as much as people who contact us to tell us they love the service we provide. Sometimes a thick skin is required, and having a talent for communication will mean that, with the support of the team, they will be able to diffuse tricky situations and find a solution to a customer`s problem.
- Help to develop and implement a world class PR & Social media programme
- Ongoing engagement and outreach to key bloggers and influencers to generate brand coverage online, during campaigns and as BAU
- Help manage agency partner interface to maximise impact for our PR & Social media campaigns taking responsibility for achieving key social media targets on an annual and campaign basis
- Brief our agency during campaigns to capture feedback and insight
- Share monthly buzz monitoring reports with business stakeholders, manage new briefs into the agency and become a competent user of Radian 6
- Manage daily conversation taking place on Twitter feed, Facebook page and blog
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programmes. Analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results and track growth
- Compile monthly buzz reporting and ad-hoc reports
- Develop and manage a conversation calendar that is fully integrated with the PR strategy and programme
- Act as an advocate for "the company" in social media spaces, engaging in conversations and responding to queries where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, design and strategy
- Provide ongoing advice and recommendations on the opportunities to grow our social media presence within marketing and across the business and agree hand-off points between social media comms team and other functions e.g. Retail, Customer Services.
- Help drive an industry leading "always on" newsroom approach to ensure "company" is relevant and involved in topical news
- Experience in a social media and/or PR role, either in-house or agency
- An active participation in and solid understanding of social media
- Be a proactive self-starter that doesn't wait to be asked
- Able to take pragmatic decisions for the good of the cause, even under pressure
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to produce clear and concise presentations and reports
- Hands on experience of managing social media platforms and blogger relationships
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the sector and the business.
- Crisis communications and issues management experience
- Experience of managing agencies
Academic or professional qualification in a marketing
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.