Out client is a leading global information and communication technology (ICT) solutions provider. Their product and solution have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
The role requires the post-holder to work within the clean room as well as lab areas, to maintain, develop and deliver process solutions with a specific emphasis on providing a broad support from process engineering during shift operations (both in & out of normal day-time hours). Processing of manufacturing, engineering development and experimental batches with technician support may also be required.
- First point of contact for all front face wafer fab process related issues occurring during out-of-hours shift operation;
- Work closely with equipment engineering and operations teams to restore down process back to production;
- Deploy and review effective statistical control of processes to ensure a stable and robust processing platform;
- Provide effective hand-over to/from day shift process engineers;
- Provide technical expertise to project teams;
- In addition there may be a requirement to:
- Work with equipment engineering to plan, procure and qualify new process equipment to meet the process capability requirements that are demanded by product and technology roadmaps;
- Use experience and knowledge to develop processes that are capable of meeting the product specification with high yields and low cost by employing design for manufacture;
- Support development of new device processes to meet product and technology roadmap requirements;
- Report technology development status;
- Ensure effective transfer to manufacturing to enable ramp ahead of demand both at client and offshore for volume production;
- Provide process documentation and training to other members of staff including other engineers and technician/operators.
- any other ad-hoc duty as requested by the Fab Engineering Manager
- Track record of process ownership in a semiconductor wafer fab;
- Broad knowledge of fab process including photolithography, wet etch, dry etch, CVD dep, metals and thinning;
- Knowledge of SPC and 6 SIGMA techniques, in particular first response to out of control/spec events;
- Good degree in relevant subject (for example Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Electronic Eng.)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant technology area;
- Proven ability to work under own initiative with attention to detail, and to stop when advice is required.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines - level headed.
- Proactive team player and ready communicator.
- Displays a positive approach to working & learning and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Ability to ensure prioritisation of work dovetails with the needs of the business.
- Flexible approach to working - work the hours to do the job.
- Supportive of the company culture and ethos.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.