Service Transition Manger
Contract - Berkshire
My client is a leading Telco operator, who is currently seeking a Service Transition Manger to join their team on a contract basis. If you have a strong Telco Operations background and have the desire to work in a fast moving, high profile company, then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for someone with proven ability to manage the transfer/transition of services, ideally with knowledge of Core or Radio network services as well.
Responsibilities of the Service Transition Manager:
- Ensure new Services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, WLAs and OSS monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities
- Provide fully documented services, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service and are aligned to ITILv3 best practice.
- Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective Transfer to Operations in compliance with the Service Readiness Process (SRP) for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle
- Ensure effective de-commissioning of services that are deemed `end of life` - to confirm the remove of all operational facilities, and redundant equipment, whilst ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
- Work with Project Managers, Business Owners, Service Owners, Managed Service Partners, Operations teams and 3rd parties to ensure that projects are delivered in compliance with the SRP.
Experience Required for the Service Transition Manager:
- Demonstrable experience of designing support models for services/platforms over their entire lifecycle, from concept to retirement through design, transition and operation
- Previous Service Transition experience - IT Services and ideally Core network services
- Service design experience ideally - Defining Ops requirements
- Experience within a Network Operational environment is beneficial
- Mobile/telco background would be highly advantageous
- Ideally will have previous management experience
If you have the right experience and you would like to be considered for this role, then please apply today with a copy of your most up to date CV.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.