Service Desk Analyst - Non technical - ITIL/Process/ITSM/Remedy
Recruiting immediately for a non-technical, Service Desk Analyst, to work on a contract basis, with our client in Reading. This role runs a 24/7 shift pattern, comprising of days, nights and weekends, with a mix of 7.5 hour and 12 hour shifts.
The Service Desk is part of the wider Service Operations function providing a 24x7 cover alongside our Incident Management team based in our Reading Operations Centre.
In addition to owning the customer relationship the Service Desk is responsible for managing the E2E service level performance across all operational partners. The role carries KPI targets against performance and quality which are needed to maintain a balance and represent the aspirations of the client brand
- Support the Single Point of Contact for Operations
- Facilitate the restoration of incidents through careful 1st line diagnostics and timely assignment of tickets to the relevant resolving groups
- Ensure a prompt and professional response to all types of enquiries into the Service Desk (Telephone Calls, Tickets and Emails)
- Manage escalations as per Standard Operating Procedures (to escalate to Incident Manager, Problem Manager, Head of Service Assurance)
- Perform impact analysis on all Incidents and Service Requests reported into the Service Desk, ensuring the correct priority is assigned
- Assist and support the co-ordination of planned outages in co-ordination with other Operations groups
- Manage E2E Service Level performance across all operational partners via Jeopardy Management process
- Provide device testing / fault replication support for voice and data services
- Ensure operational teams adhere to quality standards within the IT Service Management toolset
Knowledge and Requirements
- Experience in a fast paced operational environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A logical approach to problem solving and great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Familiar with ITSM tool sets (i.e. Remedy)
- Successful at developing and managing relationships across all organisational
- ITIL Qualified (Foundation)
In order to apply to the role, please send your most recent CV to Richard Gallagher, by emailing Richard.Gallagher@projectpeople.com and your application will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.