|Job Title:||Senior Transmission Planner|
|Salary:||competitive salary + benefits + flexible working|
|Contact Name:||Kerry Knight|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Senior Transmission Planner
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Locations: Warrington, Solihull or Reading (with flexible remote working)
We are entering an extended phase of large-scale transformation at MBNL. The Transmission Planning team is responsible for the planning & delivery of the transmission network according to agreed planning guidelines and policies on behalf of our shareholders. Transmission designs are delivered via Managed Service Partners (MSP's) managed by the MBNL Delivery Team.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Transmission Planning Engineer is to ensure transmission plans are delivered on time, to budget and meet agreed specifications.
The successful candidate will work as part of a dedicated team and could experience many aspects of MBNLs wider scope as part a Joint Venture and contribute to the development of the organisation overall.
A great role and a very exciting, once in a decade time to be joining MBNL as we move our shareholders to the next phase of their network evolution.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering background
- Significant knowledge of transmission technologies (both leased line and radio) design knowledge and experience including SDH, ATM, Ethernet & IP technology
- Hands on experience of transmission planning and circuit planning tools in creating transmission solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the 2G/3G/4G Mobile Transmission Networks
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G RAN design and core network architecture
- Optimisation of capacity and performance of transmission networks
- Experience in a Network Operator or Managed Service Provider environment
- Demonstrable experience of project delivery on time and to customer satisfaction
- Ability to respond flexibly to design challenges arising from the Acquisition and Implementation processes.
Who we are:
MBNL is fully committed to equality of opportunity. We warmly welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, paternity, disability, or age, veterans, reservists and their families.
We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, whether that's a 4-day week or core hours and we already strive to achieve the right balance for our people through remote working. We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working is designed to help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Radio Planning Engineer - Remote working
Salary: Negotiable salary + excellent benefits
Senior Project Managers - Mobile Telecoms - Rigging
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Infrastructure Strategy Manager - IT / Telco Cloud Strategy
Location: Reading, Berkshire