Senior Transmission Planner - Permanent and 2year FTC roles on offer - West Midlands or Berkshire
· Activities undertaken by the Senior Transmission Planning Engineer include (but not limited to)
o Transmission Topology Planning (HLTP)
o Etherway Planning and Order (up to 10GB)
o MW Planning (incl X-PIC, E-Band, Space Diversity)
o Circuit Planning (end to end connectivity)
o Cease of obsolete Etherway and MW (and any associated contracts/licences)
o Tools & Systems DI resolution
o Operational performance resolution (break-fix)
o MW Software Upgrade support (on the day)
o Live performance analysis (fault identification)
o Instruction of LOS Surveys and Tree Lopping (in life management)
o Support TX FOA and NPI activities
· Act as transmission lead, manage strategy, deployment and technical related issues on assigned projects.
· Work closely with Network Design and the Operations function to ensure that such projects are prioritised as appropriate.
· Identification of any planning tool requirements such that they support the delivery of transmission solutions, consolidation and evolution to future technologies.
· Work closely with the Capacity function to ensure that Transmission and Transport capacity requirements are identified early and the technical Committee notified of required investment to meet such requirements.
· Participation in discussions and forums
· Liaising with suppliers & service providers and acting as key management and technical point of contact.
· Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive continuous improvements and learning.
MUST HAVE :
University/College degree or degree calibre preferably from telecommunications or Electrical Engineering background
Significant knowledge of transmission technologies (both leased line and radio) design knowledge and experience including SDH, ATM, Ethernet & IP technology
Hands on experience of transmission planning and circuit planning tools in creating transmission solutions.
Strong knowledge of the 2G/3G/4G Mobile Transmission Networks
Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G RAN design and core network architecture
Optimisation of capacity and performance of transmission networks
Experience in a Network Operator or Managed Service Provider environment
Demonstrable experience of project delivery on time and to customer satisfaction
Ability to respond flexibly to design challenges arising from the Acquisition and Implementation processes.
Nice to have:
Knowledge and appreciation of RNC/ BSC and transmission network deployment and implementation processes
Experience of matrix and functional management environments is desirable.
Experience of running Technical Review meetings with Vendors.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.