|Job Title:||Senior Transmission Design/Planning Engineer|
|Location:||South East England, England|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Cager|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
This is a great role working for one of the world's most best loved and high profile organisations.
Working with cutting edge tech in a great culture with fantastic benefits.
What you will be doing:
- As a Senior Engineer you design and develop large and/or complex transmission network designs ensuring the quality, time and cost objectives are consistently met and the availability of designs and records supports the core network infrastructure build plans and operations requirements.
- Senior Engineers deliver all aspects of the transmission network design cost effectively meeting technical requirements and conforming to the architectures & engineering standards, security requirements, topologies, management systems , processes and technical accommodation standards for room and rack design.
- You will ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies following the required processes at all times and by producing designs that identify and incorporate health & safety risk assessments with mitigating actions that ensure safe and compliant delivery of the technical solution.
- The Senior Engineers create physical and logical inventory records for all transmission network or infrastructure that meet the required standards and timescales for production.
- You will identify improvements for continual service improvement and re-designs process steps to evolve the end to end process, systems and tools.
What do you need to know?
- Knowledge of Transmission planning/design. Ethernet, ATM, SDH/SONET.
- Ideally an understanding of IP networks and protocols, including the setting up of MPLS paths, addressing schemes, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, RIP and of signalling protocols such as RSVP and LDP.
- Knowledge of Transmission testing techniques and fibre optic characteristics (e.g. OTDR, ILM, BERT, PMD and CD).
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.email@example.com - 01628 762270.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.