Senior Tester (Applications)
Provides specialist testing advice and delivery is accountable for managing testing activities on application or infrastructure projects within a program or service as part of a risk treatment and validation activity. Supplies stakeholders with the data they require to be able to make informed decisions in respect to solution or component suitability to progress to the next development stage or for release into production. Expected to contribute to test estimation when required. Has advanced testing skills and knowledge and is able to undertake in-depth analysis of technical and business specifications and produce detailed requirements in respect to test materials, environments, tools and resources required to deliver testing activities. Organises materials, environments, tools and resources required to deliver the planned testing activities and co-ordinates the delivery of testing against the schedule, reporting test progress, risks and test incidents and collecting test metrics. Involved in the development of test plans and may lead a small test team. Performs testing development and execution activities that require specialist skills in testing toolsets.
Account specific requirements:
The Senior Tester will support the programme IT&T team to provide test and assurance of the delivered equipment and capabilities. The Senior Tester will be an experienced Senior Tester with experience and knowledge of MOD test and in particular aspects associated with hosting applications and the defence application catalogue. The Senior Tester will be responsible for providing support to activities including but not limited to:
- Identifying Test & Acceptance criteria from Engineering design documentation (LLDs etc) for Applications/Non-core Services.
- Developing New/Modified Test Scripts for Applications/Services
- Undertaking formal & informal testing in support of the Test Plan
- Test Script Proving, Test & Development Rig(s)
- Managing the QEC IT&T Data Dependency Matrix (DDM)
- Co-ordinating the collection of Test Data (detailed in the DDM)
- Developing QEC Project IT&T IM process for Evidence collection and IM
- Supporting the production of the test strategy and acceptance plan in line with the programme IT&T test approach
- Assisting with running walkthroughs with Authority SMEs to ensure requirements are understood
- Supporting production of Test Plans and Test Specifications
- Reporting on test progress, defects and issues to the IT&T team, project team and key stakeholders
- Running integration test phase, maintaining a close working relationship with IT&T team for test acceptance and artefact assurance
Secondary to the Maritime Experience (or even Land Experience, i.e. Ex-Signals)
- Tracks - Combat System Interface (CSI) and the Recognised Maritime Picture (RMP)
- Tracks - Low Data Rate / High Interest Tracks Broadcast
- Tracks - Recognised Air Picture (RAP) using Network Interoperable Real Time Services (NIRIS)
- Chat - Jchat and OPENFIRE communication (XMPP)
- GeoInt - Web Map Services (ESRI ARCGIS)
- Targetting - Joint Targeting System (JTS)
- Logistics - Logistic Functional Services (LOGFAS)
- COP - Integrated Command and Control (ICC) Viewer
- VMWare (inc. Automation and Orchestration
- Windows 2012R2
- Windows 10
- Unix (VMWare Application Hosting)
-Monitoring and Auditing:
- Protective Monitoring (GPG 13)
-Performance Testing (Login VSI exposure)
- Creates test cases and identifies test data in response to clearly defined requirements. Includes the creation of test cases in areas of technical testing specialism.
- Executes test cases and records test results in accordance with established test plan(s). Includes the execution of test cases in areas of technical testing specialism.
- Test results checking and reporting.
- Test Incident (Defect) logging, investigation and support.
- Collects testing related measurements and metrics.
- Organises test materials, environments, tools and resources required to deliver the planned testing activities and co-ordinates the delivery of testing against the schedule, reporting test progress, risks and test incidents and collecting test measurements and metrics.
- Creates high quality test plan documents on small to medium projects or discrete pieces of work that address the requirements and mitigate the risks of the solution under test.
- Accountable for the deliverables of the test team for a small project to agreed schedule.
- Understands the requirements for testing within the project and agrees testing scope with stakeholders.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.