The role sits within a 2nd Line AIX support team in a larger Operations organization where you will deliver support services and change to AIX platforms hosting IT services critical to our Customer.
* Resolution of incidents and problems.
* Delivering infrastructure change and projects.
* The presentation and removal of SAN storage.
* Identifying and delivering service improvements.
* Develop the capability and skills of peers and junior engineers.
* Technical leadership during projects and live service events.
* Strong teamwork and collaboration with operational teams (inc. Windows, Solaris/Linux, Storage and Backup teams).
* Awareness of the ITIL Service Management framework and specifically incident and change management.
* Demonstrable experience of supporting (2nd to 3rd Line) IBM/AIX servers and platforms within large scale and infrastructures (1000+ servers).
* Significant knowledge of AIX infrastructure & virtualization.
* UNIX scripting skills.
* HMC (CR4,5,6,7,8,9) and Power 6,7,8 (520, 570, 720, 740, 770, 824, 870) hardware.
* AIX version 5.3, 6.1, 7.1, 7.2 software.
* PHA version 5.2, 7.1, and 7.2
* VIO O/S version 1.5, 2.2-2.6, and 3.1
* Firmware application (various versions)
* EMC PowerPath.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Finance Manager Operations & Capex Investment
Location: South East England, England
Senior Project Planner
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Senior ETL Developer
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Application Developer Lead
Location: Swords, Dublin