|Job Title:||Senior Programme Manager - Acquisition (2-year FTC)|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Cager|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
This 2 year fixed term contract is working for a leader within the telecoms sector.
Great flexible working policy with superb location in central Reading very convenient for the train station.
Great benefits along with working in state of the art offices.
Purpose of the role
This senior Programme manager of Acquisition Services reports directly to the Property Director and is responsible for ensuring all property acquisition activities are coordinated and have maximum impact for various projects relying upon negotiations with a site provider.
Responsible for orchestrating the acquisition activities required by numerous concurrent projects in line with Shareholder objectives and providing appropriate consolidated management reporting.
To ensure strategic and BAU property acquisition and negotiation activities are managed and delivered appropriately.
A member of the Leadership Team for Property (Directorate) the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Property Director to translate business initiatives into a vision for the team and to identify, develop and deliver the roadmap for the Property Directorate to deliver short term and long term needs.
It is the role of the leadership team for Property to work collaboratively to gather and understand customer's needs and needs of the business (internally and externally). And to socialise and gain commitment from their suppliers (internally and externally) and set stretching SLA's.
What the role will be doing
- Accountable for developing, agreeing and ensuring the execution of negotiation strategies for cell sites (including the systems, processes, controls and capabilities) including communications, governance and compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards.
- Developing effective stakeholder relationships across the business, Shareholder and Supplier organisations that enable open, transparent communication and foster trust and respect. Proactively using these relationships to hold stakeholders to account, influence strategic decision making and ensure acquisition activities support Shareholder strategic initiatives.
- Drive the performance of the Acquisition eco system, proactively identifying opportunities to innovate and optimise delivery. Where required, investigating underperformance, instigating recovery initiatives and intensely managing the recovery of delivery performance.
- Identifying and implementing initiatives to optimise activities across all acquisition activity to accelerate delivery and maximise cost savings.
- Accountable for the proactive management of all acquisition related interdependencies, risks and issues. Initiating corrective actions, recovery plans and interventions required to ensure compliance, policies and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets.
- Managing a virtual team consisting of Chartered Surveyors, Delivery Managers, Project Managers Business Analysts, Acquisition Agents amongst others.
What experience is needed
- A Property/Acquisition background, ideally within Mobile Telecoms, but engineering, rail and utilities can be considered.
- Strong understanding of the commercial UK mobile or telecoms market supply chain, including the factors that constrain, enable and enhance the capability of individual suppliers and the supply chain as a whole.
- Extensive experience of motivating and managing multiple and varied stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of policies and business processes on negotiating deals.
- A proven track record in leadership, creating positive climates, articulating a vision, managing change and inspiring people.
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - 01628 762270.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.