Senior Platform Test Engineer
Permanent Opportunity - Competitive Salary + Bens
Senior Platform Test Engineer - Sitting within the Technology Solutions team for a leading Broadband and Wifi company you will be involved in new product activities within the cloud.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this market leader on a permanent basis at their offices in Hemel Hempstead. Your role as Senior Platform Test Engineer will be 50/50 manual and automation testing, along with portal testing in an agile environment.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about modern methods for deployment management and platform delivery, with a pragmatic style and great analytical skills that help you identify and solve problems.
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility,
- Plan the test approach for any features requiring testing through consultation with wider Test and Scrum team(s).
- Perform Static Testing of User Stories, Requirements, Architecture and System Designs and any relevant delivery artefacts, feeding back any ambiguities and gaps to the relevant owner(s).
- Application under Test and aligned to acceptance criteria, applying risk assessment where appropriate.
- Define test data requirements to enable execution of test cases and where possible source or create necessary test data.
- Determine and Perform different levels/phases of testing where required including but not restricted to: Functional Accessibility Testing, Usability Testing, Multi Device Testing, web application Performance and Security testing.
- Execute test cases - using automation where possible - to validate quality of features in line with acceptance criteria and test standards.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Automation and manual test experience across the multitude of browsers and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS)
- Ability to write and execute automated and manual tests (Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Compatibility) to enable defect detection and solution validation
- Solid and demonstrable experience in lean and agile software delivery and the principles of BDD, TDD and ATDD
- Experience of Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
- Experience in developing and delivering test plans, test scripts, regression packs
- Experience of test and issue management tools e.g. Jira, RTC, TestRail and Quality Centre
- The role will be moving to a robot framework with python as the programming language, so python is highly desirable
If you are interested in this permanent opportunity and you have the required skills and experience please submit your CV on line!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.