We are partnering with a leading telecommunications organisation who are looking for an experienced Senior Litigation Lawyer to join their Property & Disputes team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to partner with the Head of Legal and the wider business in managing, steering and providing practical and commercially astute legal and litigation advice. You as the Senior Litigation Lawyer would take the lead in driving and supporting on key cases in the Upper Tribunal and in some cases the higher courts such as the Court of Appeal.
To play a leadership role in Code Strategy and to lead and provide Code litigation support and legal service to the Code Team and the Cornerstone business to enable Cornerstone to achieve its Code and operational objectives
To proactively manage and control cases that are intended to be issued in the Upper Lands Tribunal or which are already in the Upper Lands Tribunal, provide end-to-end legal support and ensure delivery to time, cost and quality. This will include:
- Managing external lawyers and barristers;
- Providing assistance and support to internal personnel and Cornerstone's shareholders, suppliers, witnesses and experts;
- The service of Code notices,
- Preparing Code sites to go to Tribunal; and
- Management of Code sites in Tribunal
With an understanding of the commercial requirements of the business proactively consider and propose new / outside of the box initiatives to:
- Drive delivery of cases on a site-by-site basis;
- Reduce duplication or wasted efforts; and streamline processes; obtain results; and ensure that Cornerstone estate under the Code is robust and meets the requirements of the shareholders both in the short term and long term.
- Extensive litigation experience in a fast paced commercial environment and/or experience of working on high volume litigation cases
- Professional qualification to practice English law (e.g. solicitor/FILEX)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong ability to manage a high caseload, to prioritise and juggle competing deadlines
- Strong commercial acumen with proven ability to deliver solution focused advice
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the business including stakeholders
If you are interested in the opportunity, please can I ask you to apply for the position.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Delivery Manager - Build/Site/Power/Telecoms
Location: South East England, England
Build Manager/Mobile telecoms
Location: Berkshire, England
Solution Designer / Architect
Location: Berkshire, England
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Project Delivery Manager - Build/Site/Power/Telecoms
Location: North West England, England