|Job Title:||Senior Legal Counsel|
|Salary:||competitive market rate|
|Contact Name:||Lin Zhang|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
Senior Legal Counsel
A leading Telecoms vendor, who operate in more than 170 countries across the world. They are currently recruiting for a senior legal counsel to support on corporate and commercial legal matters affecting the business activities of the subsidiary's research centre in the UK.
- Advise the business on a full range of employment related matters including but not limited to the management of disciplinary, dismissal and grievance matters, drafting workplace policies and procedures, employee statutory and contractual entitlement issues applicable to an employment or engagement;
- Dealing with employment tribunals. Deliver clear advice on the risk, merit and quantum in employment disputes, allowing the matter to be managed and conducted in line with Huawei's business interests;
- Draft, review and produce a full range of employment related documentation including executive service agreements, employment contracts, independent consultancy agreements, agreements for services, staff handbooks, disciplinary and grievance procedures, HR policies and procedures, codes of conduct, severance agreements and all documentation and correspondence relating to internal disciplinary investigations, grievance, dismissal and appeal matters;
- Conduct employment law training seminars on recent developments in employment law and training sessions on select topics tailored to the company's specific business and HR requirements, ensuring the teams are kept updated on relevant legislation changes and implications for Huawei;
- Advising senior managers on employment law issues arising within their business projects;* Advising the business on immigration issues relating to entitlement to work in the UK and sponsorship under the Points Based System;
- Support on collective consultation procedures, TUPEs and redundancies, providing in house support concerning Trade Union matters and redundancies
- Support on corporate & commercial legal matters affecting company Research & Development (UK). This include reviewing documents, draft and review general commercial contract agreements (for example, NDAs, SOWs , supply of services agreements, research and development agreements - in particular bilateral R&D agreements for example technical cooperation agreements, technical licence agreement, technical consulting agreements, technical testing agreements and other procurements agreements (e.g for material/equipment);
- Support acquisition projects and related corporate related matters;
- Assist in developing and overseeing the implementation of legal policies and support in compliance initiatives across all its research centres in the UK;
- Support in preparations of trainings at an appropriate level (with support provided where needed) - Anti-Bribery, GDPR, Competition law, Trade Secrets, Business Conduct Guidance and other compliance activities
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with specialism in Employment Law or Corporate Commercial with between 6 to 10 years post qualification experience. Candidates outside this range who can demonstrate their ability to perform the duties of the role will still be considered.
- An ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders and develop strong working relationships
- A strong commercial outlook which is demonstrated when drafting and presenting contracts for business and internally
- identifying a commercial approach and understanding business needs
- A self-starter - able to work both alone and as part of a team
If you are interested in applying, please call Lin, 0118 928 5550 or send your latest CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.