Position: Senior Software Developer Lead -Development and Integration
Our Client is looking for a Senior Software Developer. The candidate must have at least 8 years solid industry experience-using Java based technologies and must have good software development skills and experience working all stages of the software development life cycle.
The ideal candidate would be technically rounded with skills ranging from core design and development to implementation and post implementation support. The candidate must be professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they will be customer facing.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Integration Technical Leadership and Guidance.
- Develop high quality software components to meet client requirements participating in large and small development teams using traditional and agile delivery techniques.
- Implementing change requests to existing systems taking ownership of the full end-to-end delivery process.
- Delivery of high quality software to test and support of test cycles
- Delivery of high quality software to production environment
- Lead and participate in production releases and subsequent support activities
- Responsible for solution design, Quality Assurance, maintaining system configuration information and production of software related documentation
- Estimation and planning of large scale projects and play lead role in bid preparation
- Designing highly scalable, secure solutions
- Provide coaching of more junior team members
- Minimum 8 years' Java experience with strong enterprise integration skills ideally in a Telco environment
- At least 5 years' experience working with the following technologies: Spring Framework, Web Services, Hibernate, JSP development, JSF or other MVC architecture.
- Good knowledge of EJB, JTA, JMX, JDBC technologies
- Strong Maven and Ant Build experience
- Extensive experience in requirement analysis, technical documentation and design skills.
- Extensive experience in requirement gathering, functional documentation and UML skills
- Extensive experience in Distributed Software Engineering (e.g. REST/JSON, SOAP, SOA, CORBA)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong experience in RDBMS and SQL on at least one commercial database
- Experience in web services development (e.g. Apache CXF, Apache Service Mix)
- Experience of at least one source code management system (e.g. SVN, GIT, Visual SourceSafe)
- Ability to work in large scale, high volume, real-time JEE environments and large scale integration projects
- Knowledge of Oracle, WebLogic and JBoss application servers
- Enterprise messaging JMS, MQ etc.
- Performance testing and tooling
- Oracle 10G and 11G databases
- Experienced in working with Cloud technologies, specifically AWS
- Knowledge of agile development
- Full delivery lifecycle exposure
- Relevant IT certification a bonus
- Background in Telco business domain would be a distinct advantage
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: London, England
Java Lead Application Developer- Remote work - Immediate start
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
VME Application Developer
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Application Developer (Java Developer)