|Job Title:||Senior Java Developer|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Contact Name:||Lidia Vierha da Cunha|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Ideally starting October 5th
6 month initial contract - initial scope is for 1 year
Dublin based - work from home until COVID restrictions are lifted. Some initial onsite meetings (respecting the physical distancing requirements) might be necessary.
Working hours: 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 - 19:00
This role will work on the Department's On Line Claims System (OLCS) and associated applications. The OLCS application is a critical application accessed via the Department's secure external-facing applications web based portal. OLCS is linked to the Department's teacher payroll and is responsible for approximately 2.5 million transactions per year relating to the recording of teacher absences and the generation of claims for substitute teachers. This role will be responsible for the support and maintenance of OLCS along with smaller applications that schools access via a portal.
- Facilitating the achievement of goals established for the projects to which assigned,
- Programming of Java, J2EE, Struts and EJB application components
- Coding in adherence to the standards of the application in question
- Maintaining tuning and repairing applications in order to keep them performing according to technical and functional specifications;performing preventive maintenance activities; providing user support
- Integration of technical and application components to meet business requirements
- Completing assigned tasks related to phases of development lifecycle of enterprise applications within given scope and timeframe requirements
- Mentoring and facilitating skills transfer to Department staff
- Any other tasks which are considered by the Department to be appropriate to the role.
Key Experience and skillsets:
- Developing web applications utilising Java 1.5, EJB 2.0 and Struts 1.1
- Maintaining large-scale, critical, legacy J2EE 1.4 web applications deployed to OC4J 10.3.3.0, on Solaris 5.10 and Oracle 10G
- Developing and maintaining PL/SQL stored procedures, packages and functions on Oracle 10G
- UAT and Production Administration of Oracle Application Server (10.1.3.3) in a large scale J2EE development on Sun Solaris 5.10
- Interfacing with external systems via secure file transfer, using legacy API's and technologies
- Working with Oracle 10G and designing, developing and maintaining application schemas
- Integrating with OC4J 10.3.3.0 authorization/policy provider JAZN
- Codebase management using subversion, i.e. using subversion to enable release management, tagging, branching and merging, and generation of changelogs
- Complex on demand ad-hoc report writing utilising SQL
- Experience in developing proofs of concept and designing large scale J2EE solutions meeting industry standards and best practices such as pattern-oriented development
- Developing and maintaining application schemas with Flyway migration tool
- Code building and deployment, including on boarding new staff and mentoring junior and senior staff
- Supporting production legacy systems, including: troubleshooting, maintaining, tuning and repairing legacy applications; performing preventative maintenance activities, providing end user application support
- Administration of Subversion Servers, and large subversion repositories
- DevOps, continuous integration (Jenkins), Unix administration, batch scripting, UAT and Production server deployments
- Code building and deployment, including the use of ANT
- Producing well-written and well-presented English documents for consumption by cross functional teams including: Business Analysis, Test Cases, Technical Documentation (including developer wiki's)
- HTML 4, JDBC (ojdbc14), Servlets 2.3 and JAP 1.2/2.0
- Writing and executing of manual test cases and system tests
- Data migration, using SQL*Loader
- Be fluent in English (if not a native speaker it is required to hold a certificate under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at level C2 Mastery or Proficiency, or equivalent)
- 7 years maintaining large scale, critical, legacy J2EE 1.4 web applications, deployed to OC4J 10.3.3.0, on Solaris 5.10 and Oracle 10G.
- 7 years developing web applications deployed to OC4J 10.3.3.0 utilising Java 1.5, EJB 2.0 and Struts 1
- 7 years working with advanced PL-SQL.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Front End Web Developer
Location: London, England
Salary: Many benefits!
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Location: London, England
Java Test Analyst/Test Engineer/Tester
Test Automation Developer (SDET)
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire