Work for one of the best loved brands in the world that offer a great working environment
As a Senior Engineer, no two days are the same. One day you will be creating high level design documentation for the core data network and the next producing the documents that will enable the successful implementation of these designs.
The Senior IP & Data Design Engineer works with a variety of Stakeholders across multiple divisions in order to deliver effective, efficient and economic technical designs.
This role will have a focus on IP and Data solutions and you will work to defined design principles and technical standards to produce both secure and resilient designs, documentation, implementation methodology and materials that comply with architecture, security and H&S standards.
You will be involved in projects E2E, working closely with colleagues to produce and update documentation, taking ownership and be prepared to present technical solutions to stakeholders to demonstrate the design deliverables.
What experience do you need:
- LANs, WANs, VPLS, QoS enabled networks and traffic management systems (e.g. DPI), TDM, xWDM and fibre optical network techniques.
- IP networks and protocols, including the setting up of MPLS paths, addressing schemes, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, RIP.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ethernet, ATM, SDH/SONET, Frame Relay, Packet over SDH/SONET, WDM, wireless technologies,
- Access technologies (DSL, cable, and lease lines), Layer 3 Traffic Engineering and L2 Traffic Management. Require good knowledge of IPv6, F5, Cisco Nexus and the Cisco Firepower Firewall.
- Some of following would also be beneficial:
- Knowledge of systems (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) from key vendors such as Cisco, Juniper and Nokia.
- The ability to conceptualise and design complex network infrastructure to provide optical fibre and transmission capacity and customer solutions.
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - 01628 762270.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.