|Job Title:||Senior Infrastructure Services Lead (Unix/Linux)|
|Contact Name:||Warren Moore|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Senior Infrastructure Services Lead
6 month contract
Working for a leading UK mobile operator you'll be highly skilled and specialist technical lead for various Infrastructure and network technologies. You'll lead in all aspects including the run, operate and design and drive a multi-year vision for improvements and replacements.
Being part of the national critical infrastructure there are more and more demands on UK telecom providers to adapt to needs and requirements of local authorities and government departments. The IDU team manage very specific applications in support of numerous disclosure and regulatory obligations and the Infrastructure team will form a key part of this high volume, high complexity environment.
Detailed understanding and hands-on experience of:
- UNIX/LINUX administration
- RHel 7+ Build/Config and Administration (Expert)
- Virtual Machine Build/Config and Administration
- Server Clustering: NetApp/Veritas or equivalent
- DNS/DCHP servers: Build/Config and administration
- Security principles: Network, platform and server hardening
- Experience of deploying remote monitoring capabilities
- Exposure or hands on experience with network firewall/router configuration (Brocade/Cisco)
- Exposure or hands on experience with Elastic, NoSQL and other high-volume platform technology
- Exposure or hands-on experience with private clouds
Run and maintain
- Working with internal IDU application teams to provide highly available infrastructure services
- Work alongside and lead projects with existing managed service partners and vendors to manage/resolve incidents and outages
- Own and govern a routine of high-quality housekeeping and maintenance
- Work with Service Management teams for problem and risk management.
- System administration
- User access and control
- secure certificate management
- OS administration
- System monitoring
- Capacity forecasting/management.
- Upgrades and patching
Design and Develop
- Ensure there is an accurate record of change and design for all IDU infrastructure components
- Own and deliver a multi-year road map to manage end of life, capacity and adoption of best of breed technology
- Support and own the process for gaining internal and external budget requests through technical and business justifications
- Technical Infrastructure input and lead areas of design into the wider SO&A/T&O organisation
- Work directly with external parties to support changing requirements and national security demands.
- Holds UK Security Clearance (holding valid SC or DV clearance a definite advantage)
- UK based (remote and office based in South of UK)
- Recognised and related qualifications
- Red Hat System Administration (ideally level 3)
- Ability to travel to vendor sites and data centres
- Oracle DBA experience (including Cluster and tuning)
- Large scale storage and backup platforms: SAN storage, CFS, NFS etc. (HPE, Oracle or Sun)
- Vendor DBA Administration (at least one of Exadata, Oracle SQL, Oracle DB Backup/Recovery)
- ITIL v3 / ITIL 4
- Hands on Microsoft component support: Active Directory/Windows server
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.