The Senior Front End Web Developer is responsible for developing, updating, and maintaining front end solutions for the Companyl's web properties. This includes the Company's main website plus client portal sites such as Online Quotes, Honeymoon Gift Service and Online Questionnaires.
Working closely with the UX Designer, Website Designer, and alongside Back End Developers, the Front End Web Developer will be responsible for delivering high quality, efficient code which conforms to modern web standards.
A web applications or single page application developers would not be a good fit for this position.
- Permanent role
- Great Benefits
- Start Date: early December or before
- Location: currently remote, however will be based of Witney with a couple days in the office when things get back to normal .
- Recent relevant experience building websites that are geared towards customers. Experience with e-commerce sites would be great. We are not looking for web applications or single page application developers.
- Appreciation towards code quality and performance. Utilising reporting software tools such as; Lighthouse, Google Analytics or anything similar which shows code quality and website performance.
Project Management and workflow
- Discuss and agree with the Web Development Manager (and any project stakeholders) the scope of each project/task
- Responsibility for delivering projects to agreed specification and deadlines
- Ensure smooth running of each project by contributing to regular catch-up meetings with the UX Designer, Website Designer and development team
- Keep track of progress and ensure deadlines are met
- Follow agile best practices using a sprint approach
Design and development
- Planning at the outset of each project to agree timescales and deliverables
- Responsibility for the adherence to agreed web standards and best practice
- Ensure that the projects we produce work on the agreed devices and agreed browser versions
- Ensure that user acceptance testing is carried out and any changes from feedback are implemented
- Responsibility for client-side website performance using tools such as Lighthouse
- Ensure the site is technically optimised
- Make suggestions as to how the Company's websites can be improved functionally and technically
- Ensure that the user experience design is implemented as per the agreed wireframes to achieve website goals
- Extensive experience of front end web development
- Experience of setting and coding to front end development standards
- Experience of CMS and building large scale web solutions
- Experience or knowledge of version control systems (preferably GIT) and team workflows
- Ability to break complex projects down into achievable tasks to reach the project goals
- Organised and structured in your work
- Confident communicator, who is resilient to pressure, whilst remaining calm and clear-minded
- Keen interest in the latest front end development techniques and frameworks
- High level of attention to detail and a passion for delivering outstanding work considering accessibility, usability, performance and creating the overall end user experience
- Demonstrates behaviours and attitudes which are exemplary to the rest of the team/office
- Embodies the Company's values of being positive, being the difference, being one team and being passionate about travel
- Have a passion for self development and to proactively improve knowledge and learn from experiences
- A strong team player who is comfortable working independently but also share ideas and adopt best practices
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills across multiple stakeholder groups
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Fullstack .Net Developer
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Senior Project Manager-
Fullstack Developer - C#, .Net core, Azure
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Senior Partner/Vendor Manager - Telecoms
Location: South East England, England