Senior Finance Analyst
6 month contract (via umbrella)
Location - Remote initially, Berkshire 2 days/week post-lockdown
The role and its purpose.
Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst to join our clients Tech & Ops Finance team who are dedicated to the financial management of the Technology & Operations division,which is responsible for the management and development of their IT systems, mobile network and new technologies.
The successful candidate will provide effective and timely financial support, including insightful analysis on key opex spend, monthly accounting and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, project support and decision support to key business and finance stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities:
This exciting role will enable you to further develop your financial analysis, relationship building and presentation skills, while providing guidance and key insights to IT and Service Operational decision makers, and the finance management team. Your key contributions will help to ensure our financial targets are achieved. Business partnering and supporting the IT and Service Operational business owners will be key to success in this role.
Main responsibilities include:
- Month end accounting and reporting activities, including the production of accrual and prepayment journals, detailed review and analysis of key spend areas and the production and presentation of insightful reporting.
- Key contract reviews with business owners and accrual/prepayment schedules to maintain
- IT and Service Operations budgeting and quarterly forecasting, ensuring a detailed understanding of the cost drivers and full year variances, appropriately presented to a range of stakeholders.
- Primary finance contact for other key business areas within Tech & Ops such as Partner Management, End to End Services teams
- Full year 5 Year Opex and Capex plan build with drivers and key movement analysis
- Monthly resource planning with the business teams, and identifying capitalisation opportunities within key projects and programmes
- Balance sheet movement analysis
- Identification and management of Opex opportunities and risks, clearly communicating and escalating where required to finance line management
- Building and maintaining key relationships with IT and Service Operational business owners, finance teams and cross-functional teams.
- Support the business to deliver cost saving initiatives cross functionally or for key vendors across Tech and Ops and the wider business
- Reflecting business change and ensuring continuous improvement in finance processes and reporting.
Must have experience and skills:
- Excellent MS Excel skills (including filters, pivot tables, lookups and charts).
- Good Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Able to prioritise and deliver high quality/accurate/timely reporting.
- Strong accounting and reporting skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience of supporting non-finance teams.
- Experience of presenting to senior management.
- Ability to work flexibly in a demand-led, rapid-change environment.
- ACA/CIMA would be beneficial
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.