|Job Title:||Senior Devops Engineer|
|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||Competetive Salary and Package|
|Contact Name:||Tommy Clifford|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
You'll be enthusiastic about modern methods for deployment management and platform delivery, with a pragmatic style and great analytical skills that help you identify and solve problems before our customers do. You will have a keen sense of architecture, security, resilience and performance that allows you to spot solutions that work and those that don't. You'll be continually learning and have an eye on the tech coming over the horizon.
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment(Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing)
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Stackdriver, Solarwinds, New relic etc.)
- Configure continuous integration pipelines for deployment containerisation
- You will focus on solving difficult problems with scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions.
- Create, build and deploy automation and orchestration tools in various scripting languages (Ruby, Bash, Python or Perl) with a 'right tool', 'right job' attitude.
- Foresee potential incidents before they arise and implement mitigation strategies and future counter measures.
- You will ensure resilience, capacity, performance, repeatability, security, scalability, alerting and a proactive approach to monitoring of the Swarm platform.
- You will be proactive in your approach to collaboration with end users and other stakeholders, whether locally or remote, to ensure Swarm platform meets the needs of the end user.
- You'll have practical experience working with Git, Jenkins, Ansible and Chef to create a release automation pipeline from development through to live.
- You are familiar with Git and other version control systems, understand branching and merging, and can show us how well you work with colleagues to review code and scripts in a way that improves quality over time.
- You are familiar with a variety of infrastructure technologies and tools including Linux, Cloud Stack, OpenStack, Google Cloud, Virtual firewalls, F5 load balancers, New Relic, Splunk and more.
- You will have considerable experience working alongside developers and testers to configure and tune systems built using technologies such as Nginx, PHP, nodejs and other big data technologies.
- You understand the concepts behind SQL, backup and replication and have an appreciation of database tuning.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Deep experience (3 years +) in our Tech stack: Linux, Google Cloud Platform, SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Ruby/Python, Web Servers (NGINX),Logstash/Kibana/ELK
- Deep experience (3 yrs. +) in Networking, security and encryption (TCP/IP, Loadbalancing, DNS, Firewalls, SSL/TLS, CSOC protective monitoring technologies)
- Databases (Percona, Mongo, Elastic Search or alternative)
- Continuous integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory or alternative tools)
- Working knowledge of Linux internals with a depth and breadth of technical expertise in system administration including configuration, troubleshooting and engineering solutions.
- Hands on experience in performance tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) and identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU, network issues (but not limited to).
- Familiarity with IP networking concepts such as OSI stacks (highly advantageous).
- Ability to analyse network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools.
- Have a strong operations career with more recent exposure to a DevOps culture (CI, CD, Automation, and Orchestration).
- A passion for automation and a clear capacity to adopt a Developers mentality in a busy, pressurised (but fun) operations environment.
- Be comfortable working on call rotas and out of hours working as and when required to ensure uptime of services.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.