Senior DevOps Engineer
For our client who is recognised across the world as a global technology provider, currently working with its customers to deliver fast paced agile and digital transformation. We have an excellent opportunity for an individual, with the right attitude and skillset, to work within our Defence and National Security Business Unit. In this role, the individual will take the lead in developing a leading edge Platform Service for current and future customers. This platform is being designed using modern technologies and approaches to provide a container orchestration and relevant tooling to allow fast development and deployment. This includes taking responsibility for growing a team of likeminded individuals, the technology stack, as well as a set of consistent and repeatable DevOps processes and tooling ensuring availability, automation in an agile CI/CD delivery both on premise and in the cloud.
We are looking for someone with a positive and creative attitude that can work as part of a team developing talent and skills. Customer interactions will also play a vital part of this tile being able to technically grasp customer requirements, adhere to security standards and be able to translate the benefits of technology complements and process into business value.
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrably operates as the Lead for high level, critical and complex solutions
- Regularly has large, complex designs, incorporating trade-offs from the creative specification, accepted by the meaningful business approval review, without any requirement for design changes.
Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
- A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
- In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
- Linux including CentOS and CoreOS
- Version control solutions, specifically Gitlab and GitHub
- DevOps methods (integration & automation)
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling such as Jenkins/Drone
- Collaboration tooling such as Atlassian toolset
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies such as Postgres and MariaDB
- Working within Scrum, Kanban or Lean methodologies
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
- Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
- Automated testing tools
This role requires a valid Security Clearance but people not holding such a Clearance will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.