Work for one of the largest and well know companies in the world.
Work within a technology solutions team, adopting and agile and DevOps practices to deliver innovative platform solutions.
Great benefits on offer which includes on site parking and the opportunity for some remote working.
Purpose of the role
You'll be enthusiastic about modern methods for deployment management and platform delivery, with a pragmatic style and great analytical skills that help you identify and solve problems. Have a sense of architecture, security, resilience and performance that allows you to spot solutions that work and those that don't. You'll be continually learning and have an eye on the tech coming over the horizon.
What you will be doing
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment(Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing).
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Stackdriver, Solarwinds, New relic etc.).
- Configure continuous integration pipelines for deployment containerisation.
- You will focus on solving difficult problems with scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions.
- Create, build and deploy automation and orchestration tools in various scripting languages (Ruby, Bash, Python or Perl) with a 'right tool', 'right job' attitude.
- Foresee potential incidents before they arise and implement mitigation strategies and future counter measures.
What experience do you need
- Experience of Linux along with a cloud platform. Google cloud is preferable but any cloud platform could be considered.
- Any of the following would also be desirable - SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Ruby/Python, Web Servers (NGINX),Logstash/Kibana/ELK.
- Networking, security and encryption (TCP/IP, Loadbalancing, DNS, Firewalls, SSL/TLS, CSOC protective monitoring technologies).
- Working knowledge of Linux internals with a depth and breadth of technical expertise in system administration including configuration, troubleshooting and engineering solutions.
- Hands on experience in performance tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) and identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU, network issues (but not limited to).
- Ability to analyse network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools.
- Be comfortable working on call rotas and out of hours working as and when required to ensure uptime of services.
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.email@example.com - 01628 762 270.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Security Cleared* Oracle Fusion Cloud Consultant
Security Cleared* Oracle Cloud Financials Consultant
3rd Line Network/NOC Engineer (CCNA/CCNP/Cisco)
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Senior Sales Lead - Security Cleared - Perm - Wiltshire
Location: Wiltshire, England