|Job Title:||Senior Design Engineer - Policy Control & Traffic Management|
|Salary:||Attractive Day Rate|
|Contact Name:||Laura Gallagher|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Senior Design Engineer - Policy Control & Traffic Management
A leading Communications company, who operate in an Agile, Customer Centric and Collaborative environment. They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join their team on an interim basis, based out of their offices in Berkshire.
- Reporting to the Principal Technical Design you will be part of a small team responsible for 'cradle to grave' solution architecture, design, integration, test verification/validation and deployment lifecycle of innovative Solutions and Platforms into the Service Layer and Data Core Domains
- As a 'key' member of the Policy Control and Traffic Management sub-team within the overall Data Core Design team you will be able to ensure that your design, associated development and HW/SW delivery approach is focused on `best in class End-to-End (E2E) customer focused system/solutions.
- You will adopt a close 'tightly coupled' working relationship to enable you to better co-ordinate and lead the design and delivery of high quality, highly scalable and cost effective solutions in line with products and marketing business and customer focused requirements.
- You will also support key vendors/suppliers to ensure that their design, development and delivery approach is focused on delivering 'best in class' end-to-end customer focused solutions
- You will provide escalated support for operational issues for the domain and when required assist in the resolution of service affecting issues.
- Self-starter initiative and enthusiasm with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Excellent cross-functional communication, co-ordination and negotiation skills.
- Good presentation skills (e.g. addressing a large, predominantly technical audience).
- Highly proficient written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to recognise and create business benefits from technology functionality.
- Ability to think 'outside the box' in order to create Mobile Internet/Mobile Broadband Traffic Management Solutions.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar job function and mobile communication technology domain.
- Strong knowledge of associated Mobile Data Traffic Management technologies and solutions (i.e. Traffic Detection Function (TDF), Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF), Service Function Chaining, etc.) and Mobile Internet architectures, services and associated protocols (i.e. especially Diameter, RADIUS).
- Strong knowledge of associated Traffic Management Services, such as: Policy based Traffic Shaping, Tethering Detection and Enforcement, Traffic Steering/Diversion, Content Control and Internet Watch Foundation (IWF).
- In-depth technical knowledge of the 3G MPC, 4G/LTE EPC and Mobile Internet networks, architectures, services
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply today with a copy of our most recent CV.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Transmission Planner
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Salary: competitive salary + benefits + flexible working
3rd Line Network/NOC Engineer (CCNA/CCNP/Cisco)
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Senior Sales Lead - Security Cleared - Perm - Wiltshire
Location: Wiltshire, England
Security Cleared* Oracle Fusion Cloud Consultant
Security Cleared* Oracle Cloud Financials Consultant