Senior C# Web Developer
As part of an in-house web team, you will be working on the development of a range of customer-facing websites. You will be involved in a wide variety of projects; from adding new functionality and features to existing websites to complete greenfield projects, ensuring that we always remain ahead of the competition in terms of online offering.
Planning & Programming
- Actively engage in discussions and put forward ideas for improving back-end systems, adding new functionality to the customer facing websites and constantly be looking for ways to improve our online offering according to the needs of the business and our clients.
- Provide technical feedback and advice on project specifications and designs.
- Produce tidy, standards compliant and well documented code in line with our agreed best practices.
- Work with the other members of the web development team to ensure code and design consistency.
- Deliver projects based on the agreed scope / specification and within an agreed timescale.
- Document new systems or processes developed and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Ensure new developments are tested and meet agreed requirements.
- Ensure developments are deployed efficiently with minimal impact to the business.
- Proven, strong C# .NET 4.0+ skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills, able to mentor junior members of the team.
- Able to think through a solution from the web user's point of view rather than simply a technical viewpoint.
- A keen interest and solid understanding of the modern web and where it's headed.
- Customer-focused at all times with a good understanding of conversion on the web.
- Follows best practices.
- Self-sufficient: can take on a piece of work and complete it to a high standard with minimal help.
- Good understanding and experience of web server performance, up-time requirements, scalability, caching etc.
- Demonstrable portfolio of previous, public-facing websites worked on
If this is something you would be interested in, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.