Senior C# Web Developer
- Actively engage in discussions and put forward ideas for improving back-end systems, adding new functionality to the customer facing websites and constantly be looking for ways to improve the online offering according to the needs of the business and clients.
- Provide technical feedback and advice on project specifications and designs.
- Produce tidy, standards compliant and well documented code in line with agreed best practices.
- Work with the other members of the web development team to ensure code and design consistency.
- Deliver projects based on the agreed scope / specification and within an agreed timescale.
- Document new systems or processes developed and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Ensure new developments are tested and meet agreed requirements.
- Ensure developments are deployed efficiently with minimal impact to the business.
- Help the web development manager mentor and improve junior members of the team alongside your own project work.
- Share your knowledge, techniques and findings with the rest of the web development team.
- Liaise with other internal technical teams (e.g. IT and JD Developers) as required to ensure system compatibility.
- Help the web development manager with code reviews.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven, strong C# .NET 4.0+ skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills, able to mentor junior members of the team.
- Able to think through a solution from the web user's point of view rather than simply a technical viewpoint.
- A keen interest and solid understanding of the modern web and where it's headed.
- Customer-focussed at all times with a good understanding of conversion on the web.
- Self-sufficient: can take on a piece of work and complete it to a high standard with minimal help.
- Good understanding and experience of web server performance, uptime requirements, scalability, caching etc.
- Demonstrable portfolio of previous, public-facing websites worked on.
- Extensive knowledge of C# coding standards and the .NET framework.
- NET (4.0+ C#)
- LINQ / Lambda syntax
- MVC (Razor)
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server database design and implementation
- CSS / LESS & HTML5
- Web Services (REST, JSON, ASP.NET Web API)
- Version control (preferably Git)
- Build process & deployment management (Continuous Integration, Team City, MSBuild, Task Runners such as Grunt or Gulp, etc.)
- IIS configuration
- Cross-device coding / responsive design
If you would like to be considered for the role, please email your CV to - Bhavna.Sharma@projectpeople.com. Suitable candidates will be contacted before shortlisting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.