Senior C# Web Developer
Areas of Responsibility:
Planning & Programming
- Actively engage in discussions and put forward ideas for improving back-end systems, adding new functionality to the customer facing websites and constantly be looking for ways to improve our online offering according to the needs of the business and our clients.
- Provide technical feedback and advice on project specifications and designs.
- Produce tidy, standards compliant and well documented code in line with our agreed best practices.
- Work with the other members of the web development team to ensure code and design consistency.
- Deliver projects based on the agreed scope / specification and within an agreed timescale.
- Document new systems or processes developed and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Ensure new developments are tested and meet agreed requirements.
Teamwork and communication
- Help the web development manager mentor and improve junior members of the team alongside your own project work.
- Share your knowledge, techniques and findings with the rest of the web development team.
- Liaise with other internal technical teams (e.g. IT and JD Developers) as required to ensure system compatibility.
- Help the web development manager with code reviews.
- Proven, strong C# .NET 4.0+ skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills, able to mentor junior members of the team.
- Able to think through a solution from the web user's point of view rather than simply a technical viewpoint.
- A keen interest and solid understanding of the modern web and where it's headed.
- Customer-focused at all times with a good understanding of conversion on the web.
- Follows best practices.
- Self-sufficient: can take on a piece of work and complete it to a high standard with minimal help.
- Good understanding and experience of web server performance, uptime requirements, scalability, caching etc.
- Demonstrable portfolio of previous, public-facing websites worked on.
- Previous experience of working on travel projects.
- Previous experience working with Sitecore.
- Experience of responsive website design and coding.
Extensive knowledge of C# coding standards and the .NET framework.
- ASP.NET (4.0+ C#)
- LINQ / Lambda syntax
- MVC (Razor)
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server database design and implementation
- CSS / LESS & HTML5
- Web Services (REST, JSON, ASP.NET Web API)
- Version control (preferably Git)
- Build process & deployment management (Continuous Integration, Team City, MSBuild, Task Runners such as Grunt or Gulp, etc.)
- IIS configuration
- Cross-device coding / responsive design
Desirable skills (in order of desirability)
- A/B Testing
- Internationalisation / Globalisation in .NET (i.e. multi-market websites)
- UX / Web design skills
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
*SC Cleared .NET C# Developer - Permanent - West London
Location: West London, London
*SC Cleared .NET C# Developer - Permanent - Swindon
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Lead Java Developer
Location: Hampshire, England
Lead Java Developer
Location: Hook, Hampshire
Senior Analog Layout Design Engineer
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire