|Job Title:||Senior C Developer/C Application Developer (AWS)|
|Contact Name:||Cassandre Butcher|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Lead C Developer/Senior C Developer/C Application Developer (C & AWS) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 6 months rolling contract, to be based remotely from home.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- The successful applicant will be a Senior/Lead C Developer with AWS migration experience
- Must have AWS Migration experience
- Expert C language skills
- The successful applicant will be a highly experienced C developer to port the application code to AWS, using the latest Visual Studio C and change the code from using Oracle Pro*C to use PostGres in the AWS cloud
- Responsible for changes between compiler versions, 32-bit to 64-bit migrations and the issues to be tackled, as well as identifying the changes required by the difference between the legacy C version and the latest language standards
- Experience of configuring compiler options, preferably in Visual Studio
- The ability to plan and conduct thorough unit testing
- Producing informal documentation for the changes planned for other developers to follow
- The ability to contribute to the planning
- Communication of progress to the technical manager
- Prompt reporting of problems to the technical manager
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Produces high quality solutions and documentation, through the use of a structured approach, for problems with a high complexity.
- Designs or undertakes impact analysis of medium to large scale solutions or partial solutions.
- Contributing to decisions relating to the approach to the recompilation with a newer compiler (e.g. balancing the risks and benefits of migrating to 64-bit, language changes)
- Implementing and testing the changes
- Proposing and implementing new test harness as necessary to validate the changes in individual source files and/or DLLs.
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered. If you would like further details, please contact me on; in/cassiebutcheruk.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Application Support Engineer (security clearance required)
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Fullstack .Net Developer
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Senior Project Manager-
Fullstack Developer - C#, .Net core, Azure
Location: Theale, Berkshire