Senior Applications Support
Dublin, Hybrid - 3 days remote / week
Contract or Perm
Leading IT Services Provider require a skilled Senior Applications Support to join their team in Dublin, Ireland.
Responsibilities to include, and are not limited to:
- Resolve incidents in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Troubleshoot issues in a logical way following proven methodologies/best practise.
- Take ownership for listening to, understanding and resolving customer issues.
- Resolve problems within required timescales.
- Escalate problems to the team leader in a timely fashion if required.
- Follow documented business processes and adhere to customers service level agreements.
- Provide clear and professional communication with customers.
- Work well with other team members and support less experienced people in the team.
- Document actions taken in resolving new customer incidents.
- Provide written or verbal work instructions.
Required Education and Experience
- 7+ years working experience in IT
- Excellent SQL skills - mandatory core skill
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Thorough understanding of and experience in the billing cycle and related processes
- Excellent understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Self motivating and able to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Wildfly, AWS, Apache and Unix scripting is an advantage
- Understanding of XML-based web service protocols, e.g. SOAP
- Experience in using an application monitoring solution, e.g. Nagios.
- Experience of mobile telecommunications industry
- Experiencing in using a defect management application, e.g. Jira
- Development and testing experience is also an advantage
Please apply via this site in the first instance, or send a CV with a covering note to Amber.Lowman@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.