|Job Title:||SEN Maths Teacher|
|Location:||Sutton, S. London, London, England|
|Start Date:||January 2020 or sooner|
|REF:||SEN - MATHS_1568201114|
|Contact Name:||Kenny Fraser|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Project People are supporting an independent special needs school based in the SW London / Surrey border. They are seeking to appoint an experienced Maths Teacher from January 2020 or sooner, for the right person.
The school caters for children living with autism, mainly Asperger's Syndrome and higher functioning autism, who also face other challenges such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia and pathological demand avoidance (PDA).
You will be a Maths specialist able to teach to GCSE level and will be joining a school that is specifically designed to be a low arousal, calm and nurturing environment in which young people with autism can learn and grow. Pupils at the school all have a diagnosis of autism; are all verbal and also have additional and complex needs, therefore experience in this area is essential.
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable autistic young people to learn
- Ensure pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Lead the delivery of the Maths curriculum across the school
- Plan and deliver lessons which teaches essential and life skills
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
- Proven ability as a strong classroom practitioner
- Excellent knowledge of the Maths curriculum
- Previous experience of delivering Maths to at least GCSE level
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
- A commitment to engaging young people, with a willingness to bring new ideas to the curriculum for both in and out of the classroom
Salary: MPS - UPS (Dependent on experience)
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact Kenny Fraser on 0203 948 9260 or email email@example.com
Project People is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.