|Job Title:||Security Specialist|
|REF:||CC - SS`_1539015178|
|Contact Name:||Christopher Casey|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Context and Purpose
- You'll be joining the Security team in the fastest growing UK mobile operator; an expanding team with a clear vision to deliver a safe experience of our brand for our customers, our staff and our shareholder.
- We want someone to come into the team to play a pivotal role in helping to continue to develop and shape our operational security against a backdrop of significant evolutionary change in our security capabilities
- We want someone who is easy to do business with, an approachable and trustworthy individual with a keen eye for detail to ensure that our security is the best it can be.
- This role forms part of the Risk and Security team. Risk and Security is part of the wider Business Operations function. We are responsible for managing Information Security, Business Risk Management, Business Continuity and Physical Security.
- The role will work very closely with our Managed Service Providers and will also interface to security teams within our operations in India as well as a wide variety of internal stakeholder areas.
- On top of that, there`s a variety of other security programmes and projects to work on covering security awareness, risk, key management, user management, third-party reviews and compliance activities relating to PCI DSS, ND1643, and Cyber Essentials
- Provide input and support into the management of security toolsets, including IDS and Log Management tools, ensuring that indications of malicious activity are identified, investigated and resolved.
- Performance of network reviews and certification against industry standards including PCI DSS and ND1643 Interconnect Standard, Cyber Essentials
- Identify, log, communicate and manage security weaknesses and risks throughout the business, working cross-functionally to remediate or control those risks.
- Implement and maintain a suite of security metrics to enable the effectiveness of the security strategy and operation to be measured and related security issues to be understood and managed.
- To provide and support an assurance process around our product pipeline from a security perspective - designing security features in and vulnerabilities out as part of product development.
- Recommend, develop, publish, implement and monitor security policy and procedures for the business taking into account legislation, business culture and risk.
Knowledge and experience:
- A strong, technical understanding of information security and risk principles with an ability to recommend simple, straightforward solutions that are relevant to the organisation (experience of administration of Windows, Linux or Solaris- good to have)
- Good understanding of authentication and directory services like Active Directory
- Strong grasp of network technologies
- An inherent and effective ability to influence the security agenda across and up the organisation
- Effective relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Key capability in managing change and coping with change
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and manage incidents to resolution
- Clear competence working within, across or leading virtual teams to a clear outcome
If you have the skills required for this position, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Security Analyst - SOC Analyst - DV Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
IT System Administrator
Location: Berkshire, England
Location: Dublin South, Dublin
Travel Sales Consultants
Location: London, England
Salary: Basic Salary + Uncapped Commission
Service Architect - SC Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire