|Job Title:||Security Operator|
|Salary:||Salary plus Shift Allowance and Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Leanne Summers|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Security Operator - Permanent - Bracknell, Berkshire.
A global IT services company is searching for a Security Operator to join their team in Bracknell on a permanent basis.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Are you dedicated and enthusiastic? Can you follow instructions but also think for yourself? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to help protect the security and integrity of our Networks for our Customer across the region.
We are looking for a Security Operator who will be expected to develop the required skills to become a Security Analyst, and will also be expected to cross train on different security technologies. A good knowledge of Information Security principles is a necessity.
The role will involve being responsible for triage, handling and investigation of security incidents alerted to the SNOC via security monitoring or third parties. The Security Operator is, in addition, responsible for the day-to-day management, monitoring, and control of the Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) system.
Shift pattern - 12 hours per shift (nights and day shifts on a rotating shift pattern) - may be some flexibility with the pattern but it will include days and nights and some weekends.
- Need experience of enterprise level technologies OR Military Background (signals or intelligence ideal).
- Cyber security knowledge / exposure - don't need to be an expert, just interested and willing to learn.
- 2nd line server / networks background ideal with exposure to security.
- LogRhythm would be great if possible.
- Much more interested in someone with experience rather than all the qualifications.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Thorough knowledge of information technologies and their functions.
- Understanding of network security methods and tools.
- Understanding of the attack lifecycle.
- Technical experience in a service operations environment.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Customer and business orientation.
- Qualifications such as CEH, GSEC, Security+.
- Experience of LogRhythm.
- Knowledge and experience of SIEM technologies.
- Experience of management, monitoring and maintenance of security appliances such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, packet capture solutions, web/email filtering.
- Understanding of security incident handling.
- Understanding of threat intelligence.
- Experience working with or within the MOD Security environment.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.