Security Incident Analyst - Contract - 6 months - Berkshire
A leading Telecommunications company is looking for a Security Incident Analyst to join their team on an initial 6 month basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great company.
- Experience performing security event and incident detection and handling in an operational environment
- Experience reviewing and analysing security events from various monitoring and logging sources
- Knowledge and experience with packet analysis
- Scripting knowledge using BASH, Python, Perl and Ruby
You will be sitting within the Risk and Security Team and will helping to develop and shape operational security against a backdrop of significant change in security capabilities.
You will be reviewing incidents alongside Incident Management to determine if the issue affects confidentiality or integrity of the systems.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Continuous monitoring of security tooling
- Performing regular and ad-hoc vulnerability assessment
- Reporting on vulnerabilities to the PVG via the alert systems
- Conducting spot checks on logs on various systems
- Building, understanding and documenting logging for systems
- Developing centralised logging, reporting and intelligence platforms
- Collecting external intelligence information from wide ranging sources, translated into applicable format and disseminated accordingly
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.