Security Incident Analyst - Contract - Berkshire
A leading mobile telecoms company is searching for a Security Incident Analyst to join their team in Berkshire on a contract basis.
Working within the Risk and Security Team, you will help to develop and shape operational security against a backdrop of significant change in security capabilities.
You will be reviewing incidents alongside Incident Management to determine if the issue affects confidentiality or integrity of the systems.
- Continuous monitoring of security tooling.
- Performing regular and ad-hoc vulnerability assessment.
- Reporting on vulnerabilities to the PVG via the alert systems.
- Conducting spot checks on logs on various systems.
- Building, understanding and documenting logging for systems.
- Developing centralised logging, reporting and intelligence platforms.
- Collecting external intelligence information from wide ranging sources, translated into applicable format and disseminated accordingly.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience reviewing and analysing security events from various monitoring and logging sources.
- Knowledge and experience with packet analysis.
- Scripting knowledge using BASH, Python, Perl and Ruby.
- Experience performing security event and incident detection and handling in an operational environment such as SOC, CSIRT, CERT, etc.
- Experience reviewing and analysing Security Events from various monitoring and logging sources.
- Experience in web site and web application security assessment or penetration testing.
- Previous experience working as a part of an IT Security team or in Incident Response.
- An active knowledge of current trends in computer security, software/hardware vulnerabilities.
- An active interest in current security research.
- Ability to work as part of a CERT Team which may require rotational weekday/weekend on-call coverage.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and implement technical vulnerability corrections.
- Experience of malware analysis.
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Solaris.
- Skills in Host and Network Forensics.
- Robust networking knowledge including TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.