Role: Security Engineer
Location: Basingstoke (Flexible)
DV Clearence Required
- We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join the existing dynamic Solution Build Practice of one of our global IT clients and to work in the solution development team.
- This role will involve working closely with the Infrastructure and Application Architects, Integration Engineers, Test Managers and Project Managers to ensure that security is at the forefront of the solution and is designed and embedded from the outset.
- Candidates will have a passion for Security, and will keep abreast of the latest developments in the field of Information Security, in areas such as PKI, zero-day vulnerabilities and wider market trends in security.
- They will also have knowledge of, and the ability to teach, safe coding practices.
- Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster and more effective solutions.
- This is a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Candidates will also have the ability to automate, configure and document security related deliverables and offerings from a variety of vendors which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster and more effective solutions. This is a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Security Engineer with demonstrable experience in the execution of security and vulnerability assessment tools such as Nessus
- Demonstrable experience working on the automated deployment of security and vulnerability solutions, both open source and proprietary to both Windows (Server 2019) and Linux (RHEL) environments, who combines strong technical skills with an ability to review design artefacts and produce the associated build and configuration instructions
- Ability to modify design documentation to correct potential defects
- Should have strong scripting experience coupled with a solid understanding of infrastructure and networking
- Experience working in a team designing, developing, deploying and supporting security and vulnerability solutions and offerings
- Should be a team player and hold demonstrable experience learning and developing emerging technologies to produce credible solutions that will delight our customers
- Experience in the deployment of security and vulnerability assessment tools is advantageous.
If this looks interesting, do not hesitate to apply.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.