|Job Title:||Security Cleared* AIX Engineer/AIX Support/AIX Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Cassandre Butcher|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Security Cleared* AIX Engineer/AIX Support/AIX Consultant - AIX Migration is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 12 months rolling contract, to be taken in 6 months stints, to be based in remotely from home until restrictions are lifted, then the role will be working from Telford, Shropshire.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Our client is currently seeking an AIX Engineer with proven experience in an implementation / support role at 2nd/3rd line level to work within the UNIX Infrastructure Support Team within the Data Centre Tower.
- The successful applicant will be working with a mixture of AIX versions (5.3 to 7.2) and will provide operating system support and maintenance.
- Must have significant AIX hardware experience and our client will require very strong working knowledge and current experience of the operating system, the ability to produce UNIX scripts
- Knowledge of Cloud computing principles to support the team's aims to manage, monitor and maintain our services and particularly our cloud service offerings.
- 2nd/3rd Line UNIX Support
- Proven experience working as a AIX Engineer, providing implementation and support at a 2nd/3rd line level
- Significant AIX hardware experience
- Strong UNIX scripting skills
- EMC Storage
- Good understanding of Storage, Networking & Cloud computing technologies
- AIX 7.x System Administration (Or the AIX 6.x equivalent)
- AIX 7.x 11 System Advanced Administration (Or the AIX 6.x equivalent)
- The key deliverable of this role will be to cover the expected demands of the AIX migration
*A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered. This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered. If you would like further details, please contact me on; in/cassandrebutcheruk.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Information Security Manager
Security Cleared Project Manager (Oracle Managed Service)
Location: Croydon, London
IT Recruitment Consultant
Salary: Bonuses,Commission,25 days hols,PMI,Pension
Business Change Consultant