We have a fantastic opportunity for a Service Architect with experience in service architecture/management to work with one of our clients, a leading provider of IT products and services for the global marketplace including hardware, software, networking, business solutions, and more. Location: Basingstoke.
*A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Our client is looking to grow their team with committed people to design quality Services for our customers across the region. Service Management qualifications would be expected e.g. ITIL, ISO20000 and IT4IT.
We are looking for an innovative Service Architect with significant service architecture experience and the ability to identify, justify and document appropriate end-to-end service designs required by customers. The successful applicant will become the service SME within a project delivery team, responsible for all service management elements including the transition of the design into live service. This is a dynamic role that plays an integral part in demonstrating ability to deliver quality services in line with contractual commitments.
- Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives;
- Negotiating, bringing consensus, with substantial experience of running workshops;
- Commercially astute - working knowledge of the contractual obligations and associated constraints;
- Self-motivating and objective setting;
- Leadership skills for team coordination and motivation;
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and written.
Are you a Service Architect who is able to demonstrate knowledge and experience (typically 5 years or more, service architecture/management experience), in the following areas:
- Responsibility of the service design for low, medium or high value/complexity deliveries into live service:
o Understand the customer's user base and IT operational structure;
o Good understanding of services, solutions and strategic roadmap;
o Development of detailed end-to-end service designs:
- Develop and contribute towards the contractual obligations (SLAs and KPIs) and additionally any underpinning contracts;
- Impact Assessment (IA) of current operating and governance models against the scope of work;
- Identification of transition operating model where required;
- Design of future operating and governance models;
- Define, agree and implement pricing for service catalogue;
- Identify test requirements to feed into the overall test plan;
- Identify and develop ongoing support requirements;
- Development and progression of the operational support requirements and service acceptance criteria.
o Responsible for the revision of the run cost elements of the cost model where required;
o Identification and management of service management RAID items including exclusions, constraints and single points of failures (SPOFs);
o Identification and input into general RAID items including exclusions, constraints and single points of failures (SPOFs);
o Definition of early life support requirements;
o Specification and delivery of SA artefacts.
- Process and service tooling design and integration requirements:
o IA of existing processes against client's process requirements;
o Creation of processes and associated artefacts.
- Writing service documentation as required by the delivery teams for use by operations;
- Able to facilitate service readiness activities, to ensure a smooth transition;
- Responsibility and oversight of staff implementing service-related artefacts;
- Work in conjunction with the overall solution owner; ability to influence the overall solution design that ensures service stability and efficiency.
Can you demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of service management concepts and techniques;
- A strong operational understanding of service supply chains;
- Experience in service operating model design for major IT systems;
- The ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical service documentation;
- Experience of working to tight timescales within a high energy team environment;
- Ability to lead both virtual and co-located teams;
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders both internally and externally with varying objectives.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.