Second/2nd Line Support Engineer (windows/MAC/Citrix) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Customer for a rolling 6-month contract to be based in Leeds.
The 2nd Line Support Engineer with provide support services to premium/VIP level users via floor walking and service desk. Strong customer service & communication skills required, along with more in-depth technical ability to perform 2ND line type technical support.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
* Provide 1st and 2nd line Desktop IT support to Premium Supported users
* Incident resolution via service desk tools or direct desk side engagement with the customer.
* Customer coaching.
* Involvement in project implementation and moves and changes.
* Support of Remote Working.
* Maintain effective working relationships with other support teams, other Head Office areas and external service providers.
* Identify potential technology improvements where possible and improvements in how technology can be used to support the business.
* Participate in testing new applications and hardware as required.
* Communicate effectively with key business users regarding day-to-day support.
To be successful, you will have the following experience:
*Overall understanding of desktop services and the supporting infrastructure to be able to prioritise faults, estimate fix times.
*Strong analytical skills to quickly assess situations, their impact and options for resolution.
*Ability to work under pressure and deliver within limited timescales.
*Strong interpersonal skills.
*Good communication, both verbal and written.
*Experience providing IT Support to customers at all levels
* Windows 7 & MacOS
* Microsoft Office 2013 (including Outlook)
* Lotus Notes
* Cisco AnyConnect (VPN)
* iOS & Android Support
* GOOD Technologies (BYOD)
This is an urgent role; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.