Responsible for the design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards. The provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the applications or to service delivery functions.
- Designs small to medium size solutions or partial solutions within an established architecture.
- Schedules and monitors own work, escalating problems and queries to higher levels to ensure project timescales are met.
- Contributes towards and may produce project plans for small to medium size solutions or partial solutions
- Provides input to estimates for a proposal or bid.
- For routine and non-routine problems and requirements, produces high quality solutions and documentation through the use of a structured approach.
- Has identified and implemented their individual ideas to exceed customer expectation.
- Fluently presents technical information to technical and non-technical audiences both orally and in writing.
- Communicates issues in a timely manner.
- May have limited responsibility over the work of others.
- Influences own team by contributing to team meetings, quality assuring deliverables etc.
- Contributes to other teams through inputs into team meetings, quality assuring deliverables etc.
- Engages with the customer to clarify and understand their requirements.
- Adheres to corporate and local development methodologies as appropriate.
- Adheres to corporate and local processes.
- Has some input to local processes.
- Keep abreast of technology developments within their own specialism.
Key Performance Indicators
- When implemented, the designs produced successfully integrate with other parts of the solution and meet the requirement specification.
- Consistently produces designs, which require minimal rework following peer review.
- Work is delivered to agreed timescales.
- Issues are notified in a timely manner.
- Produces maintainable solutions with a low density of defects.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to less experienced colleagues.
- Where appropriate there is demonstrable evidence that supervised colleagues have been given clear direction.
- Is able to produce tangible evidence of how their ideas have been implemented and how they have exceeded customer expectation.
- Is able to provide evidence of clear and concise communication to both technical and non-technical audiences using appropriate language and terminology.
- Can produce evidence of how their ideas have influenced the team, e.g. design implemented, published processes, developed standards, identified and implemented tools etc.
- Can produce evidence of how they have contributed to other teams.
- Evidence that Corporate and local development methodologies have been followed.
- Evidence of input to local processes.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.